A locally owned and operated business serving Marlboro and Chesterfield counties in South Carolina for over 50 years. Carlisle T. Smith founded Warden and Smith in 1956 with business partner A. F. Warden.
Following the passing of Mr. Warden in 1963, Mr. Smith retained the original name and incorporated the business in 1966. The original location in Wallace, SC was relocated to the current Cheraw site and dispatch plants were added in Pageland and Bennettsville to facilitate coverage for all of Marlboro and Chesterfield counties. Mr. Smith continued his involvement until his passing in 2012 with visits to the office to provide guidance and advice to grandsons Burchell King (Vice President) and Brandon King (Office Manager) who handle day-to-day business matters.